Ben with paintings by Emily White Kebert

Ben with paintings by Emily White Kebert

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A request from Nancy Brown, printmaker

I received this note from Nancy Brown yesterday. She has a couple of great prints in the current Paper in Particular exhibit. This would be a great opportunity to take part in the making of a monumental work of art. Let me know if you want to participate.

Hey Mike, I just finished my epic woodblock and am ready to print it. Of course there are no presses nearby that can handle blocks this size so I'm resorting to spoonprinting again! Do you think there are any printmaking students that are willing to help print this sucker? It's 20 feet long but will be printed in three sections. Two 8 x 4 s and one 4 x 4 block. I'd like to make two copies if I can get the paper shipped here in time, otherwise i'll just have to be satisfied with one copy. I have several experienced students and friends that are willing to help out, but the more the merrier! Plus, it might be an interesting experience for your students.
thanks a ton, nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment